shortcut to content
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Page address:

Do you need a vehicle for your university business travel?

Vehicle Services

Facilities Services is committed to serving the transportation needs of University employees and students for state purposes. Vehicle reservations are processed by Helen Walters and skilled student workers trained to provide the best service possible.

Office Hours

During Regular Semester        
7:30 AM - 4:30 PM 

State Vehicle Key Pick Up between the hours of 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM                      

During Summer/Break
7:30 AM - 4:00 PM

State Vehicle Key Pick Up between the hours of 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM

State vehicle keys for your reserved state vehicle should be picked up one half hour prior to office hour closing. State vehicle keys for weekend and early morning departures should be picked up on the last business day prior to your vehicle reservation. (State vehicles should remain in their dedicated state stall when not on official state business, but keys may be picked up early.) 

Contact Info

Helen Walters
Vehicles Coordinator/Office Manager
Facilities Services
Wiecking Center WC358
Phone: 389-5649
Fax: 389-1092

University Fleet

Our university fleet has 21 passenger fleet vehicles consisting of:

  • Sedans (4-5 passengers)
  • Minivans (7 passengers)
  • Cargo Van (2 passenger with cargo storage space)

An assortment of additional vehicles are assigned to our maintenance staff and departments for state purposes. The vehicles are usually internally maintained at our full service garage by our garage staff. The garage staff receives additional assistance for vehicle detailing from student workers.


Forms & Resources

[PDF] Accident Claim Report (377 KiB)

Please submit this completed form within 24 hours to: Minnesota State University, Mankato; Facilities Services, WC358

Attn: Helen Walters
Wiecking Center WC358
Phone: 507-389-5649
Fax: 507-389-1092


Submit the online Vehicle Consent Form, if you wish to drive a state vehicle.