Insurance & Accidents

Page address:

Insurance and Accidents

Report the Accident:

  1. Immediately after an accident, the Highway Patrol or other law enforcement agency
    should be notified. If an accident occurs on University property call Security Office, 389-2111.
  2. A Facilities Service Office Information Packet is in each glove compartment of each
    state vehicle. This packet includes an insurance card and necessary information.
    Secure information about the other party so a complete report man be made to the
    Facilities Services Office.  Names and addresses of witnesses should be obtained if possible.
  3. An insurance identification card is included in the key packet. 
  4. A written report must be completed at the MSU Facilities Services Office. [PDF] vehicles/policies/state_of_mn_motor_veh_acc_rpt.pdf (1 MiB) (Accident Report for state owned or leased vehicles and equipment)  Please print out, complete, sign and submit the report to Helen Walters, Facilities Services, WC358. Questions? Call Helen at 389-5649. 
  5. Do not make statements or furnish information to anyone except law officers, representatives of the state's insurance company, and the Facilities Services Office. 
  6. In the event of personal injuries or death, call Allied Adjusters, Inc., at their local number 612-766-3700, or call toll free at 1-800-709-9509. Current insurance information will be found in the key packet, and glove compartment.
  7. All university accidents will be reviewed by our Minnesota State University, Mankato's Risk Management Officer.
  8. Minnesota State University, Mankato is self-insured through the State of Minnesota with $500 deductible per accident claim.  If our driver is reported to be liable for the accident the unrecovered insurance deductible of $500 will be charged to the department sponsoring the trip.