Campus and Community ResourcesPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/veterans/resources/
Listed below, there are several resources on campus and in the Greater Mankato Area that can be beneficial to veterans.
- Veterans Resource Center
- A one stop resource for information and referrals regarding veterans benefits and rights.
- Veterans Certification Office
- Receives applications and processes certification for Federal VA benefits.
- Financial Aid Office
- Assists and administers multiple student financial assistance programs.
- Counseling Center
- Provides short-term counseling, crisis intervention, consultation, and referral to outside resources Minnesota State Mankato students.
- Disability Services
- Provides accommodations and assistance to ensure equal access and opportunity for students with disabilities at MSU.
- Non Traditional Student Center
- Provides space, support, and programming for non-traditional students at MSU.
- Career Development Center
- Range of services include career counseling and major choice assistance, as well as assistance with finding full or part time employment and internships.
- MNSU Honors Program
- The mission of the Honors Program at Minnesota State University, Mankato is to create future leaders, researchers and global citizens.
- Veterans Crisis Line
The Veterans Crisis Line connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring responders through a confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text. Veterans and their loved ones can call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, chat online, or send a text message to 838255 to receive confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- County Veterans Service Officers
- Offers wide ranging assistance and advocacy for veterans and their families, including disability claims, medical benefits, discharge upgrades, and more.
- Minnesota Workforce Veterans Employment Representatives
- Assist with employment issues, including job search, resume writing, and access to unemployment benefits.
- VA Medical Center and Community Based Outreach Clinics
- Low or no cost health care for all veterans.
- Minnesota Assistance Council for Veterans
- Provides assistance to positively motivated local veterans and their families who are homeless or experiencing other life crises.
- A free referral hot-line & crisis connection service.
- My Military Education
- Online resource for information about military educational benefits and Minnesota's colleges and universities.
- A mental wellness resource for service members, veterans, and military families.