The Front Street Audio GalleryPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/voices/frontstreetaudiogallery.html
When this project started, Jessica Potter from the Blue Earth County Historical Society remarked that, if possible, she would love to go back in Mankato's history and stand in the middle of Front Street; Through audio (and a few photos), the goal of this project is to let all of us do just that--stand in the middle of Front Street.
Like Front Street itself, this collection is organized, chaotic, and full of character and characters.
- Front Street Photographs
- Dave Boyce's Front Street Tour (Backlund's Music)
- Joan Johnson-Brown Interview
- Tom Hagen Interview
- Bill Bassett Interview (Former City Manager)
- Bernie Koenigs Interview (Y Barber Shop)
- Backlund's Music
- Backlund's Music (Photos)
- Enfield's Store with Georgia (Jo) Enfield-Schultz
- Dixie Johnson discusses Brett's Department Store
- Childhood on North Front with Patrick Ellis
- Comstock Standard (Audio Slideshow)
- The Rathskeller (with Bill Brenner)
- The Wagon Wheel Cafe
- Bar Bingo at the Eagles Club
- The Front Street Project Phone Line
**If you would like to comment on anything you hear above, please contact Voices from the Valley by clicking here--we'd love to hear from you. You can also call 507-389-5537 to record your own Front Street memory or to leave a message about something you may wish to contribute to the project.
**This project started in the fall of 2009--a great deal more content will be added as the project continues. Please keep checking for new audio. Thanks for visiting.