HomePage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/
A free organization for MSU Faculty and Staff that promotes:
- Workplace Environment
- Mental/Emotional Health
Email Notification of Events:Contact: Diane Roggow
Wellness Calendar (.ics file - open in Outlook)
See if you qualify for a new health benefit
SEGIP is excited to offer a new health benefit for employees and adult family members. Prevent is an innovative online program that helps you lose weight, get healthy, and reduce your risk for type 2 diabetes. Take a one-minute screener to see if you qualify at preventnow.com/segip.
Information Presentation (PDF)
- April 23, 2015
- Our current group of wellness interns will be having one more poker walk this year. Mark your calendars for 4/23/15. Check the attached flier for details. Hopefully we can have enjoy this walk outside!
Prevent, Stop & Reverse Challenge
Jodi Bertness and Stephanie Wurzer, our wellness interns, upcoming event is Prevent, Stop & Reverse Challenge on Tuesdays at noon. This lipid information will be helpful to you for these upcoming classes. Jody will be providing information on healthy lifestyles, more recipes and food samples so mark your calendars for AH 303 beginning on Tuesdays, March 10-April 28, 2015 at noon!
Tai Chi -
Classes in Bresnan’s Arena Monday and Wednesdays are for the intermediate class and Thursday and Fridays are the beginner class.
Fitness Center Membership Information
Minnesota State University, Mankato
- You can purchase an MSU Campus Recreation membership for $100 a semester or $200 for an annual pass. Or you can enroll in one credit hour (of any subject) and gain access to the facilities here on campus. Just one more reason to get smarter!
Mankato Family YMCA Membership
- If you are interested in joining the Mankato Family YMCA, you may join directly with the Mankato Family YMCA at anytime during the year and receive the discounted corporate membership rates.
- 2014-2015 corporate membership rates (PDF)
- Current members will receive information directly from the YMCA about their renewal and cancellation options.
- All memberships and fees are handled directly by the YMCA.
- For further information, please visit the Mankato Family YMCA website at www.mankatoymca.org or call 507.387.8255.
The Lake Crystal Area Recreation Center
The Lake Crystal Area Recreation Center offers Minnesota State University, Mankato employees a discount off membership fees. If you are interested in joining the Lake Crystal Area Recreation Center, or are currently a member and would like to take advantage of the discount, please contact Debbie at (507) 726-6730 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walk Every Day
- M-F, 11am-1pm Myer’s Field House Free! (Bring your MSU ID/MavCARD)
- Don’t let the cold keep you from getting your walk in each day! The 8-lane, 200-meter track in Myer’s Field House is open for walking during your lunch hour.
Did You Know?
- The LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a free, confidential service for MN state employees and members of their household. They work with people with a variety of issues, including relationship concerns, grief and loss, career and job issues, stress, and more.
Student Wellness Programming
Visit the programs offered at Student Health Services.