HomePage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/
The mission of the Minnesota State University, Mankato Faculty and Staff Wellness Committee is to promote a work site culture that supports employees’ desire to make healthy lifestyle choices.
Our vision is to develop educational outreach activities that encourage employees’ personal and professional productivity and physical, mental, social, and holistic well being.
The Employee Wellness Committee is a free organization for Minnesota State Mankato faculty and staff that promotes opportunities to learn about nutrition, exercise, healthy work environment, and mental and emotional health.
Click on the above Wellness Committee Events Link to view all current events, such as massages, group exercise classes, and walk every day. Below are a few of the events that we are currently hosting for the months of October and November:
Breast Cancer Awareness Presentation
- We are in the process of putting together a presentation related to Breast Cancer Awareness, being that October in Breast Cancer Awareness Month. We will have more details in the next few weeks on when and what this presentation will be all about. We are very excited and feel that this will be an extremely beneficial topic to cover!
Positive Psychology 101
- Got Positive Psych?
- Do you sometimes have stinkin thinkin? Do you find that thoughts of self-doubt and self-criticism creep in?
- Amy Hedman, Associate Professor- Department of Health Science will be sharing her expertise on the topic of "positive psychology" and the simple steps you can take to overcome this negative thinking.
- Join us on Wednesday, October 26th from 12 pm to 1 pm in CSU 201.
- We hope to see you there!
Amazing Through Adversity
- Deb Hadley, Inspirational Speaker, will be presenting "Amazing through Adversity" on Monday, November 7th from 12 pm to 1 pm in CSU 245. In this session you will learn strategies to help build your resiliency to work through the challenges you may encounter throughout your life. You won't want to miss Deb's presentation!
- To learn more about Deb Hadley's story, we encourage you to visit her website at www.debhadley.com. Due to limited space, please email email@example.com to register.
Minnesota Management & Budget (MMB) will hold Open Enrollment from October 26th through November 8th, 2016. No reservations are required. Please watch for other Open Enrollment information and resources in the coming weeks.
Let us know how we're doing!
A survey will be available in the beginning of Spring semester.
Follow us on Social Media
See if you qualify for a new health benefit
SEGIP is excited to offer a new health benefit for employees and adult family members. Prevent is an innovative online program that helps you lose weight, get healthy, and reduce your risk for type 2 diabetes. Take a one-minute screening to see if you qualify at preventnow.com/segip.
Information Presentation (PDF)
Did You Know?
- The LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a free, confidential service for MN state employees and members of their household. They work with people with a variety of issues, including relationship concerns, grief and loss, career and job issues, stress, and more.