HomePage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/
A free organization for MSU Faculty and Staff that promotes:
- Workplace Environment
- Mental/Emotional Health
Email Notification of Events:Contact: Diane Roggow
Wellness Calendar (.ics file - open in Outlook)
- Peg Lawrence, Melissa Ridler; Renee Erdmann; Chris Cords and Carol Reedstrom
- Poker Walk
- Melissa Ridler, Pam Guerrero, Lori Marti, Colleen Gerdts
The Wellness at Work is happy to have Sandra Kistner present information on essential oils tomorrow Tuesday, February 17th in CSU 256 at noon. She will briefly go over how essential oils can impact your health in a positive way.
Smoothies, Juices and Energy Bars
The Wellness at Work Committee is happy to have Jody Bertness, Wellness Intern, give a presentation on Smoothies, Juices and Energy Bars. Please join us Tuesday, February 24 at noon in Armstrong Hall 303. So mark your calendars for this upcoming event.
The Wellness at Work and the Alumni team are hosting a free rock climbing event on Sunday, March 22nd from 1-4pm. Watch for more information as we get closer to this date.
The Wellness at Work Committee is happy to announce that you and your family can skate for free on Sundays, starting February 22 March 29, 2014. Skating will be available at the All Seasons Arena and they are open most Sundays from 2-3:30 pm except for March 15 when it will be open from 2:30pm 4:00 pm. Stop by Human Resources or call Diane at 2016 to obtain tickets. You will need one ticket for each person.
March Health Goal Challenge
Our new intern, Stephanie Wurzer will be running a health challenge in March. Setting goals is a great way to get on track or stay on track with your healthy lifestyle. Watch future emails for challenges that will contain a short list of attainable goals! If you complete the goals, your name will be added to our monthly drawing for winners who receive incentives for going to wellness events.
Free Fasting Lipid Profile
The Wellness at Work committee is pleased to offer 21 employees the opportunity to get their fasting lipid profile done for free. Depending on the response, this testing may be offered again. Find out your blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides, HDL and LDL for free! You can register by going the Schedulicity just like you do when you schedule massages. These tests are available on February 24, 26 and March 5th from 8-9 am. Since up to 7 employees can go to the Student Health Services on each day, this testing is listed as a class in Schedulicity. You will just need to register for this class/test. Remember not to eat! You can have some water before the test only. If you bring your primary care provider correct fax numbers, the results will be faxed to their offices. Otherwise you can pick up the results 3-5 days after your test. All results will be shredded 10 days after your testing date. Student health services will give you your results only, they will not be providing a consultation regarding your results.
To register, click on this link, schedulicity.com When asked where to find services, classes or workshops enter in Mankato, MN then click on the magnifying glass. Select MSU at 336 Wigley Administration the click on classes. Click on Student Health Services and a blue select this class button will appear. You will need to sign in or sign up for Schedulicity. Once you have created a profile, you can register for this test/class.
Prevent, Stop & Reverse Challenge
Jodi Bertness and Stephanie Wurzer, our wellness interns, upcoming event is Prevent, Stop & Reverse Challenge on Tuesdays at noon. This lipid information will be helpful to you for these upcoming classes. Jody will be providing information on healthy lifestyles, more recipes and food samples so mark your calendars for AH 303 beginning on Tuesdays, March 10-April 28, 2015 at noon!
Bowling and Billiards
The Wellness at Work committee is offering free bowling and billiards on Tuesdays at noon in the CSU bull pen beginning January 13, 2015 through February 24, 2015. Just go up to the main desk to get your bowling shoes or billiard supplies. Let them know that you are an employee, and you can play for free.
Resistance Band/Energy Breathing Class
Back by popular demand the Wellness at Work committee is offering this combined class. SuChann Yang, wellness intern, will teach us how to strength train without using weights. We will also learn how deep breathing can increase your energy and improve your moo by holding various stretching positions! Starting January 22- February 26, 2015 (Thursdays) at 5 pm in HN 225.
Tai Chi -
Classes will begin on January 12 at noon in Bresnan’s Arena Monday and Wednesdays are for the intermediate class and Thursday and Fridays are the beginner class.
Fitness Center Membership Information
Minnesota State University, Mankato
- You can purchase an MSU Campus Recreation membership for $100 a semester or $200 for an annual pass. Or you can enroll in one credit hour (of any subject) and gain access to the facilities here on campus. Just one more reason to get smarter!
Mankato Family YMCA Membership
- If you are interested in joining the Mankato Family YMCA, you may join directly with the Mankato Family YMCA at anytime during the year and receive the discounted corporate membership rates.
- 2014-2015 corporate membership rates (PDF)
- Current members will receive information directly from the YMCA about their renewal and cancellation options.
- All memberships and fees are handled directly by the YMCA.
- For further information, please visit the Mankato Family YMCA website at www.mankatoymca.org or call 507.387.8255.
The Lake Crystal Area Recreation Center
The Lake Crystal Area Recreation Center offers Minnesota State University, Mankato employees a discount off membership fees. If you are interested in joining the Lake Crystal Area Recreation Center, or are currently a member and would like to take advantage of the discount, please contact Debbie at (507) 726-6730 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walk Every Day
- M-F, 11am-1pm Myer’s Field House Free! (Bring your MSU ID/MavCARD)
- Don’t let the cold keep you from getting your walk in each day! The 8-lane, 200-meter track in Myer’s Field House is open for walking during your lunch hour.
Did You Know?
- The LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a free, confidential service for MN state employees and members of their household. They work with people with a variety of issues, including relationship concerns, grief and loss, career and job issues, stress, and more.
Student Wellness Programming
Visit the programs offered at Student Health Services.