HomePage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/
A free organization for MSU Faculty and Staff that promotes:
- Workplace Environment
- Mental/Emotional Health
Email Notification of Events:Contact: Diane Roggow
Wellness Calendar (.ics file - open in Outlook)
Fast Food Make Over
The Wellness at Work committee is offering this free class by Jody Bertness, wellness intern. As a family consumer science major, she will take the confusion of making unhealthy choices and show us how to make smart and healthy choices when eating out. This class will be on Tuesday, January 27th at noon in CSU 201. So mark this date on your calendars.
Seasonal Affective Disorder
The Wellness at Work Committee member, Amy Hedman is please to present a session where you will take a closer look at this winter depression, its symptoms and treatment options. Get general tips for fighting the winter blues! February 6th at Noon in CSU 201.
Bowling and Billiards
The Wellness at Work committee is offering free bowling and billiards on Tuesdays at noon in the CSU bull pen beginning January 13, 2015 through February 24, 2015. Just go up to the main desk to get your bowling shoes or billiard supplies. Let them know that you are an employee, and you can play for free.
Resistance Band/Energy Breathing Class
Back by popular demand the Wellness at Work committee is offering this combined class. SuChann Yang, wellness intern, will teach us how to strength train without using weights. We will also learn how deep breathing can increase your energy and improve your moo by holding various stretching positions! Starting January 22- February 26, 2015 (Thursdays) at 5 pm in HN 225.
Tai Chi -
Classes will begin on January 12 at noon in Bresnan’s Arena Monday and Wednesdays are for the intermediate class and Thursday and Fridays are the beginner class.
Fitness Center Membership Information
Minnesota State University, Mankato
- You can purchase an MSU Campus Recreation membership for $100 a semester or $200 for an annual pass. Or you can enroll in one credit hour (of any subject) and gain access to the facilities here on campus. Just one more reason to get smarter!
Mankato Family YMCA Membership
- If you are interested in joining the Mankato Family YMCA, you may join directly with the Mankato Family YMCA at anytime during the year and receive the discounted corporate membership rates.
- 2014-2015 corporate membership rates (PDF)
- Current members will receive information directly from the YMCA about their renewal and cancellation options.
- All memberships and fees are handled directly by the YMCA.
- For further information, please visit the Mankato Family YMCA website at www.mankatoymca.org or call 507.387.8255.
The Lake Crystal Area Recreation Center
The Lake Crystal Area Recreation Center offers Minnesota State University, Mankato employees a discount off membership fees. If you are interested in joining the Lake Crystal Area Recreation Center, or are currently a member and would like to take advantage of the discount, please contact Debbie at (507) 726-6730 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Walk Every Day
- M-F, 11am-1pm Myer’s Field House Free! (Bring your MSU ID/MavCARD)
- Don’t let the cold keep you from getting your walk in each day! The 8-lane, 200-meter track in Myer’s Field House is open for walking during your lunch hour.
Did You Know?
- The LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a free, confidential service for MN state employees and members of their household. They work with people with a variety of issues, including relationship concerns, grief and loss, career and job issues, stress, and more.
Student Wellness Programming
Visit the programs offered at Student Health Services.