Cookbook - AppetizersPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/appetizers/cranberrybakedbrie/
Cranberry Baked Brie
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds or walnuts
- 1 tbsp butter*
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 round of brie cheese
- 1 can crescent roll dough*
- Melt butter and sugar, add cranberries and almonds, mix and lightly toast.
- Unwrap crescent roll dough, but do not tear apart. Pinch seams together to form a single sheet of dough.
- Place brie round in the middle, pile the cranberry almond mixture on top and gently pull up dough sides to cover.
- Bake at 350 degrees until crescent roll in lightly brown and done. Brie will be soft, not melted.
*Substitute butter with a butter substitute such as Lighter Bake or applesauce. Refer to packaging for substitution measurements. Use light crescent roll dough.