Cookbook - AppetizersPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/appetizers/pizzapitasnackers/
Pizza Pita Snackers
- 2 (6 inch) whole wheat pita bread
- 2 tbsp store bought basil pesto
- 1 cup of fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt or Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp chopped Roma tomatoes
- 2 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Toast pita bread in a toaster oven or toaster until crispy and firm; about 1 minute.
- Lightly spread a tablespoon of pesto over entire surface of each pita.
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese with garlic salt, spread 1/2 cup over each pita. Divide tomato, basil and Parmesan cheese over pita, slice into four wedges and serve immediately.
- Yields 4 wedges servings.