Cookbook - BreakfastPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/breakfast/hambroccoliquiche/
Ham and Broccoli Quiche
- 1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust (softened)*
- 1 1/2 cups cooked ham cubes*
- 6 oz (1 1/2 cups) shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs*
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets (thawed and drained)
- 1 cup milk*
- 1/2 tsp salt*
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare piecrust as directed on package for one crust filled pie using a 9-inch glass pie pan. Layer ham, cheese and broccoli in the crust lined pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the rust of the ingredients; beat well. Pour over broccoli.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted come out clean.
- Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
*Use a whole-grain piecrust; replace ham with Canadian bacon, turkey sausage or turkey bacon or other low-fat meat product. Use a light or fat-free cheese; substitute a portion of your eggs with egg whites or use egg substitute, use skim milk and a non-sodium salt product.