Cookbook - Bread and DessertsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/desserts/triplechocolatepie/
Healthified Triple Chocolate Pie
- 1 pkg (1.4 oz) fat-free, sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 3/4 c. fat-free milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 of a pkg (8 oz) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 of a container (8 oz) frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 1 (6 oz) chocolate-flavor crumb pie shell
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or Cascadian Farm frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 T. grated semisweet chocolate
- In a medium bowl, prepare pudding mix according to package directions using the 1 3/4 c milk. Stir in vanilla; set aside.
- Place cream cheese in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave, uncovered, on 100% power (high) for 15 seconds; stir.
- Microwave on 100% power (high) for 15 seconds more.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed for 15 seconds.
- Add half of the pudding mixture; beat until smooth.
- Add the remaining pudding mixture; beat until smooth.
- Fold in half of the whipped topping.
- Spread mixture in pie shell.
- Chill 4-25 hours or until set.
- Top individual servings with the remaining whipped topping, the raspberries, and grated chocolate.
Makes 10 servings
- 1 Serving (1 slice)
- Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 50)
- Total Fat 6 g (Saturated Fat 2 1⁄2 g, Trans Fat 1 g)
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 320 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g, Sugars 10g)
- Protein 5g.
Recipe by: Kathy Bill