Cookbook - Main DishesPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/maincourses/avocadotunsandwich/
Avocado Tuna Sandwich
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and coarsely mashed
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lime or lemon juice
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper strips, fresh or jarred
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt* try garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 (6 oz) can drained chunk light tuna in spring water
- 8 slices hearty multi-grain bread
- 8 slices tomato slices
- 8 slices red onion
- In medium bowl, combine avocado, lime juice, red pepper strips, parsley, garlic salt and pepper. Gently flake and fold the tuna.
- Fill each sandwich with 2 slices tomato, ¼ avocado filling and 2 slices of red onion.
- Makes 4 sandwiches.
Nutrition facts per sandwich:
- 360 calories
- 18 g fat (3 g sat fat)
- 38 g carbohydrates
- 9 g fiber
- 8 g sugars
- 18 g protein
- 20 mg cholesterol
- 600 mg sodium.
*If avocados are hard to find rip or are expensive, use 1 avocado and increase the amount of tuna.