Cookbook - Main DishesPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/maincourses/italianturkeyburgers/
Italian Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp fennel seed
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (freshly ground is best)
- Cooking Spray
- 2 small tomatoes ripe (yellow or red thinly sliced)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves (torn or thinly shredded)
- 4 reduced calories hamburger buns (try whole wheat)
- Coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray. Preheat to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, onion, garlic, fennel seed, salt and pepper. Form into four 1/2-inch think patties
- Grill burgers for 5 minutes and flip. Grill buns until lightly charred (about 1 to 2 minutes) and remove to a serving plate.
- Grill flipped burgers until cooked through (maybe 5 or more minutes).
- To serve, top grilled buns with sliced tomato slices and garnish with basil.