Cookbook - Main DishesPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/maincourses/mexicanvegetablecasserole/
Mexican Vegetable Casserole
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (15 oz) corn drained
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans drained
- 8 oz sour cream- 1 cup*
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese*
- 14 tsp pepper
- 1 jar (8 z) chunky salsa
- 2 cup cooked brown rice
- Crushed red pepper to taste
- Mix together and put in casserole dish. Top with chopped onion, sliced black olives and an additional ¾ cup shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa, avocado or guacamole, chips and/or tortillas (whole-wheat).
*Use light or fat-free sour cream and cheese.