Cookbook - Main DishesPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/maincourses/spicygroundturkeytacos/
Spicy Ground Turkey Tacos
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 6 ounces extra-lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 whole-wheat, low-fat flour tortillas, about 6 inches in diameter, warmed in the microwave
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a small bowl, stir together the chili powder, cumin and oregano.
- In a nonstick frying pan, add the ground turkey and onion. Cook over medium heat until the turkey is browned and onion is translucent. Drain well. Add the spices to the turkey mixture. Stir to mix evenly.
- To serve, place a 1/4 cup of the turkey mixture in each tortilla. Top each with 1 tablespoon cheese, 1/4 of the diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup shredded lettuce and 2 tablespoons salsa. Fold in both sides of each tortilla up over the filling, and then roll to close. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Serving size: 2 tacos
- Calories 340 Cholesterol 49 mg
- Protein 28 g Sodium 423 mg
- Carbohydrate 31 g Fiber 7 g
- Total fat 13 g Potassium 681 mg
- Saturated fat 4 g Calcium 209 mg
- Monounsaturated fat 4 g
Submitted by: Kathleen Bill