Cookbook - SaladsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/salads/chickencurrysalad/
Curried Chicken Salad
- 1 1/2 lbs cooked chicken breast, cut up
- 3 stalks of green onion, cut up
- 1+ cup red seedless grapes
- 2carrots, slicked
- 1/2 red pepper, diced or cut
- 1/2 cup salted roasted cashews, coarsely chopped*
- 1/2 cup mayo*
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt*
- 3 to 5 tsp hot curry powder, to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice*
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt*
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Chopped chicken into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken, onion, carrots, red pepper, grapes and cashews. Stir gently to combine.
*Use unsalted cashews. If you want to, try slivered almonds in place of cashews. Use a light or fat-free mayo, yogurt and orange juice. Replace salt with a no-sodium product.