Cookbook - SaladsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/salads/christmassalad/
- Chopped lettuce
- Spinach, remove the stems
- Mandarin oranges, drained
- Pomegranate seeds or grapes
- Cubed cheddar and Colby cheese*
- Black olives
- Poppy seed dressing*
- Red onion, chopped (to taste)
Mix ingredients. Adding as much of each item as you like to taste. Suggestion: add onions just before serving to decrease potency.
*Use a light or fat-free cheese. Fat-free is hard to find in a cubed form versus shredded. Try a low-fat poppy seed dressing.