Cookbook - SaladsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/salads/colorfulkalecabbagebroccoli/
Colorful Kale/ Cabbage/Broccoli Salad
- 2 c. kale, green cabbage, or broccoli
- 3/4 c. red cabbage
- 1 rib of celery, sliced
- 1 or 2 carrots, sliced
- 1/2 c. fresh parsley, cut up fine
- 1 large apple, cut up
- 1/2 c. raisins
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 - 4 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- Cut or process kale and /or cabbages into thin strips. If using broccoli, break into small sections. Add rest of the ingredients.
- Combine dressing ingredients and stir into salad.
- Best if time allows to marinate for a while.
Submitted by: Mary Nere