Cookbook - SaladsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/salads/jalapenocoleslaw/
- 6 cups shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 6 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt*
- Combine cabbage, tomatoes, green onions, jalapenos, vinegar, honey and salt in serving bowl; mix well. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
- Stir well just before serving.
Makes 4 servings.
*Try a no-sodium product.
For milder coleslaw, discard the seeds and veins when chopping the jalapenos, as this is where much of the heat of the peppers is stored.
- 98 calories
- <1 g total fat
- 2 g protein
- 25 g carbohydrate
- 0 mg cholesterol
- 54 mg sodium
- 3 g fiber