Cookbook - SidesPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/sides/breakfastpotatoes/
- 6 to 8 potatoes, sliced
- Olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 cups chopped frozen broccoli
- Smoked sausage, sliced full length*
- Salt and pepper to taste*
- 4 eggs*
- Tabasco sauce or salsa (optional)
- Fry potatoes over medium high heat.
- Add onion, green pepper, broccoli, sausage and salt and pepper to taste. Fry together until tender.
- Push cooked dish against the side of the pan so you have room in the middle. Fry 4 eggs in the middle, serve from the pan.
- For a kick, add some Tabasco sauce or salsa.
- Serves family of 5 for breakfast or dinner!
*Try a turkey sausage or tofu. Replace salt with a no-sodium product. Use just the egg whites instead of the whole egg.
*Instead of frying or sauteing in butter or oil, try a non-stick cooking spray. You can also try baking this dish.