Cookbook - SidesPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/sides/cajunspicedmashedsweetpotatoes/
Cajun-Spiced Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut 2 pieces
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup milk, use skim milk
- Cajun seasoning to taste
- Salt to taste
- Place the sweet potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water. Bring the potatoes to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer about 20 to 30 minutes until the potatoes are done. Check for doneness by piercing with a fork; there should be no resistance. Drain well.
- Mash the sweet potatoes with a potatoes with a potato masher or fork, or use a food mill.
- Add the lime juice and stir well. Add the milk and stir. Add Cajun seasoning and salt to taste.
- 171 calories
- 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat)
- 3 g protein
- 91 g sodium
- 38 g carbohydrate
- 8 g fiber