Cookbook - SoupsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/cookbook/soups/tacosoup/
Taco Soup by Weight Watchers
- 1lb turkey*
- 1 medium onion 1 can corn*
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can white beans (any kind-Great Northern)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (1 regular and 1 with green chilies)*
- 1 packet taco seasoning*
- 1 packet ranch dressing, fat free
- Brown the turkey and onion, put in pot. Add all canned goods to pot (pour entire content of cans- not drained) and the seasoning packets; stir.
- Cook on medium heat for approximately an hour, stirring occasionally.
*Use a meatless product in place of ground turkey. Use fresh or frozen corn instead of canned corn to help reduce sodium. Use low sodium tomatoes or the real deal by dicing fresh tomatoes and crushing tomatoes and adding a hot pepper. Use a low sodium season packet.
- 134 calories
- 3 g fat (<1 g saturated fat)
- 26.7 mg cholesterol
- 791 mg sodium
- 357 mg potassium
- 18.7 g carbohydrate
- 4 g fiber
- 3.8 g sugars
- 11 g protein