EventsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/events/
- Feeling stressed? Schedule a relaxing 15 minute chair massage with our Massage Therapist Shannon Martin for only $17.
Don’t “Jeopardize” your breakfast
- Thursday, April 11th at 12pm in the Johnson Alumni Room.
- Join us for a Jeopardy style trivia game about healthy breakfasts.
- Snacks will be provided and prizes for the winning team.
- To register email firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 8th at 4pm.
- Thursday, April 25th from 11:30-1pm
- It's almost time for our annual Poker Walk!
- Meet us by the fountain for a wonderful walk around campus!
- The employees with the top three poker hands will receive a prize!
- All participants will receive a water and granola bar.
- Previous poker experience is not required. We hope to see you there!
Dignity Despite Difficulty – Tuesday, February 21 at 12 p.m. in CSU 245
How do we remain calm and effective regardless of how others behave? Join NedRousmaniere as he shares how to manage difficult situations without “losing it.” Ned earned his Master’s degree in clinical social work at the University of Minnesota where he studied human behavior and psychotherapy. For 25 years Ned has focused on building employee satisfaction and workplace effectiveness, despite the challenges of change, opportunity, conflict, turmoil, and uncertainty. Light snacks and refreshments will be provided. Please register by contacting LeeAnna Moy at email@example.com by Thursday, February 14th.
Heart Healthy Lunch - Celebrate Heart month with the Heart Healthy Lunch on Thursday, February 14 from 11a.m. to 1:30 p.m.at the University Dining Center.
The Employee Wellness Committee will be offering coupons on a first come, first serve basis for the Heart Healthy Lunch. This meal is originally $8.36, however when you present your coupon at the University Dining Center, you will pay $5.00. Contact LeeAnna Moy (Employee Wellness Committee Intern) at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, February 11th at noon.
Heart Healthy Lunch Menu
- Simple Servings: Mediterranean salmon with rice and vegetables
- Creations: Fruit kabobs with dark chocolate
- Classics: Grilled Mediterranean chicken breast, baked baby red potatoes, roasted butternut squash and leeks hash, and caramelized Brussel sprouts
- Vegetarian: Lentils shepherd’s pie
- Vegan: Vegan ALT (avocado, lettuce, tomato)
- Grill: Turkey enchilada with a black bean pico
What’s for Lunch Wednesday
Every Wednesday in the University Dining Center for lunch from 11-2pm – Registered Dietician chosen entrees at Classics and Creations. No RVSP needed and regular dining rate applies.
Getting Brainy and Health – Wednesday, February 6 at 12 p.m. in the Johnson Alumni Room
We talk about our “physical health” frequently, but what about our brain health? Learn more about your brain health (e.g., memory, mood, cognition, and stress) and how to support it by joining us for Getting Brainy about Health on February 6 at 12 p.m. in the Johnson Alumni Room. Experts from areas of nutrition, exercise science, and psychology will provide education and resources related to brain health. During the event, participants will have an opportunity to gather tips and tools to promote their own brain health, and build a couple brain-healthy snacks to take home. Space is limited for this event. To register, contact Wendy Schuller at extension 2015 by Thursday, January 31.
Pickleball Open Play - FREE:
Join your colleagues for some friendly games of pickleball! Pickleball open play will be inSchellberg this Wednesday, January 9 from 12-1 p.m. Beginning, Wednesday, January 16, pickleball will be moved to Myers Field House (court 3) on Wednesdays from 11:30-1 p.m. All equipment is provided and help is also available for new players!
Come see why pickleball is the fastest growing sport in the country with millions of Americans playing! Pickleball is easy to learn and fun to play for all ages! It’s a paddle sport that combines elements of tennis, ping-pong, and badminton. No experience needed! It’s a great way to stay active and meet people! For a quick video to learn more about pickleball click here.
Walk Every Day
- Don’t let Minnesota's chilly, winter weather keep you from getting your walk in each day. The 8-lane, 200-meter track in Myer’s Field House is avaiable from 12pm to 1pm for walking/running.
- There is no cost, just bring your MSU ID/MavCARD.
Bus, Bike, Board, Blade, Walk, Rideshare to Campus
Individuals with a disability who need a reasonable accommodation to participate in these events, please contact Wellness Committee at 507.389.2015 (V) or 1.800.627.3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY) at least five days prior to the day of the event.