Events - MSUPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/wellness/events/fall2009/
Elderly Care Issues and Tips (Cancelled)
- MSU Social Work alumni and owner of Elder Care Services, Inc. Sharon Chader will present about elderly care services available in the area and help you avoid some common problems. There will be a time for questions.
- (Cancelled)Wednesday, November 4th, 2009
- Noon - 1pm
- CSU 238, Nickerson Room
- If you have questions related to this session, please contact Linda Leech at 38902707 or email@example.com.
- Poster/Flyer (PDF)
Bring Your Smile To Work
- Presented by Dr. Christina Simonette of the St. Peter Family Dental Center
- Monday, November 9, 2009
- 11 - 11:30am
- This presentation will feature Dr. Christina Simonette of the St. Peter Family Dental Center. Christina's "Hot Topic" will be "Everything you ever wanted to know about whitening your teeth and more.” Dr. Simonette received her dental degree from Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska and her bachelor's degree from the University of Minnesota - Duluth. Join Dr. Simonette as she breaks down your questions about teeth whitening - store products vs. what you can do with your own dentist. She will also cover the importance of oral cancer screenings and making sure that your overall oral health is ready for a "teeth whitening" program. Dr. Simonette will also answer your questions.
- If you have questions related to this session, please contact Jill Frederickson Kratzke at 389-2017 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faculty and staff members are invited to learn effective time management strategies at a presentation by Katy Dorendorf
- Friday, November 13, 2009
- Noon to 1 p.m.
- Centennial Student Union, Room 202
- Those who attend may enter a drawing to win various prizes.
- More information about the event is available from Diane Roggow (Human Resources) at (507) 389-2016.
- Individuals with a disability who need a reasonable accommodation may contact the Wellness Committee at 389-2017.
Learning from Losers: Student Events Team Presents Nutrition Speaker Anne Fletcher
- Minnesota State University’s campus activities board, Student Events Team is bringing nutrition expert and dietician, Anne Fletcher to Ostrander Auditorium Tuesday Nov. 17. The presentation will begin at 8 p.m. and is co-sponsored by Campus Recreation and MSU's Wellness Committee. Speaker Chair, Jennifer Kopischke is excited to have booked such a well-known author. Fletcher will be presenting “Learning From Losers: Healthy Weight Management for a Lifetime”, which captures the secrets of success from the hundreds of adults and young people she's studied, who have succeeded at losing weight in healthy ways and keeping it off.
- Fletcher is a nationally known health and medical journalist and registered dietitian. She is the author of the best-selling Thin for Life book series about adults who lost weight and kept it off, as well as the bestselling, award-winning Sober for Good (Houghton Mifflin Co.)
- Her latest book, Weight Loss Confidential: How Teens Lose Weight and Keep It Off And What They Wish Parents Knew, was featured on the Today Show, the CBS Early Show, in the NY Times, US News & World Report, USA Today, the Minneapolis Star Tribune, and the St Paul Pioneer Press. She is the recipient of the Distinguished Friend to Behavior Therapy Award and the American Dietetic Association's Media Excellence Award.
- Her articles have appeared in Good Housekeeping, Vogue, Readers Digest, Cooking Light, American Psychologist, and Journal of the American Dietetic Association. Fletcher has also appeared on Good Morning America, The View, CNN, and the Larry King Radio Show.
- For more information contact Jennifer Kopischke at email@example.com. Questions regarding photography and other promotion can call 507-389-6076
- Sister Rosalind Gefre School of Professional Massage
- Thursday, November 19, 2009
- 11am - 1pm
- Centennial Student Union, Room 201 (Searing Room)
- A fifteen (15) minute chair massage will only cost you $5!
- To register for a time slot, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, November 12th.
- Advance registration required
- Time slots reserved for faculty and staff only
Women in the Weightroom
- Overwhelmed with all the machines in the weight room?
- Want to start a resistance training program but don’t know how?
- Curious about the effects of resistance training on your body?
- This class will take place in two parts:
- Thursday, December 10th - Noon - 1 pm
- classroom instruction and questions (Pennington Hall 114)
- Friday, December 11th - Noon - 1 pm
- Otto Recreation Center weight room tour and exploration
- *it is highly recommended that you attend both dates to get the most out of your experience
- To register (it’s free!), email (email@example.com) or call (389-3269).
- Space is limited to the first 10 women.
Individuals with a disability who need a reasonable accommodation to participate in these events, please contact Wellness Committee at 507.389.2068 (V) or 1.800.627.3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY) at least five days prior to the day of the event.