Alumni SuccessPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/whymankato/programs/success.html
Going beyond what they thought possible
Graduates of Minnesota State Mankato become part of a proud tradition, joining a growing network of over 100,000 successful alumni. It’s no surprise our alumni are respected and accomplished and go on to excel in their fields. They are professors, community leaders, business executives, award-winning artists, and scientists living out their big dreams in the real world.
Here’s just a few:
- Glen Taylor, '62 and Comfrey, Minn., native, is one of the nation's most successful entrepreneurs and owner of the NBA's Minnesota Timberwolves.
- Allan Lenzmeier, class of 1965 and a New Prague, Minn., native, is president and chief operating officer of Best Buy Company, the nation's largest volume specialty retailer of name-brand consumer electronics, personal computers, entertainment software and appliances. He leads a team of more than 90,000 employees.
- Susan Adams Loyd, class of 1991, is a former ClearChannel Executive of the Year and is currently the general manager of WCCO-TV in Minneapolis.
- Lou Bellamy, class of 1967, founded the nation's premier black theatre, Penumbra, in his hometown of St. Paul.
- Robyn Waters, class of 1975, is a former vice president of trend, design and product development for Target stores and now an independent trend consultant.
- Andy Welti, class of 2003, was elected to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2004, and is currently serving his second term as the youngest of member of the state legislature.
- Dennis Miller, class of 1982, is the former president and CEO of Midwest Wireless. He grew the fledgling telecommunications company into one of the nation's largest independent regional wireless carriers.
- Brad Nessler, class of 1977, is a national sportscaster for ABC & ESPN.
- Lee Edwards, class of 1981, is the homicide commander for the Minneapolis Police Department.
- Curtis Enderle, class of 1987, is an Emmy® Award-winning artist.