Edina Student ChecklistPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/7700france/studentchecklist.html
Many questions can be answered with this checklist but if you still have a question, don't hesitate to ask at the reception desk.
- A MavCARD is the identification card for Minnesota State University, Mankato students, staff, and faculty. For those at the Edina campus, it will also serve as your building access card.
- Stop at the reception desk in Suite D to fill out the paperwork for a new MavCARD and have your picture taken.
- A photo ID and your Tech ID is required.
- The picture will be emailed to the MavCARD office in Mankato where your ID will be printed and routed back to Edina.
- The MavCARD should arrive in about a week. Stop at the reception desk to check on its arrival.
- All students of Minnesota State Mankato at Edina should enter the building from the WEST entrance; free parking is located in a large parking lot on the west side. Building access from the west lot is handicap accessible.
- Building hours are as follows:
Monday-Thursday: 6:00AM – 9:00PM
Friday: 6:00AM – 5:30PM
Saturday: 8:00AM – 1:00PM
7700 France is a secured building outside of the hours above.
- Visitors entering after hours need to use the buzzer/phone to request security access.
- Using a security activated MavCARD, students can enter the building from the west door and access the Atrium on the main floor 24 hours a day, seven days a week. WiFi access is available.
- Get wireless access in all the Edina suites using either MavNET or MavNET-Encrypted and your StarID. Building open spaces have access to the building’s wireless network 7700FranceGuest.
- Contact IT Support (located in the MavPRINT area of Suite D) if you are having difficulty connecting to a wireless network.
Printing using MavPRINT
- At the start of each semester all students have $20.00 in their MavPRINT account.
- Begin the printing process by logging on to a campus computer.
- If your document is on your personal laptop, iPad or other, email it to yourself as an attachment then go to a campus computer to print.
- Find your document then click on File then Print.
- MavPRINT is the default printer.
- Hit Print. Your print job is now in the MavPRINT system.
- Next find a MavPRINT area located in both Suites A & D.
- Color printing is in Suite D only.
- Log in to the MavPRINT laptop using your campus username and password.
- Your account will be brought up with a list of the documents you sent to the printer.
- Click on the item you want printed and hit Print.
- The balance in your account will be shown at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on Exit when all your items have been printed.
Edina IT Support
- Located in Suite D near the MavPRINT area
- Thomas Pischke, IT Support
- Phone Number: 952-818-8882 (8882 from any campus phone)
- Staff Hours: Monday - Thursday: 10:30AM - 7:00PM / Friday: 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Mankato IT Service Desk
- Contact them at email@example.com or 507-389-6654 (6654 from any campus phone)
- Staff Hours:
- --Monday through Thursday: 7:30 AM – 9:00 PM
- --Friday: 7:30 AM – 7:00 PM
- --Saturday: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- --Sunday: 11:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- Class Materials/Drop-Off or Pick-Up: Professors have access to large bins in Suite B to use for dropping off or picking up class materials. If you’re not sure where they are located, ask at the front desk in Suite D.
- Intercampus Mail to Mankato: Mail can be routed via intercampus envelope from Edina to the Mankato campus. “Land to Air” drops off and picks up on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Envelopes and the mail bin are located at the front reception area in Suite D.
- USPS: There is a blue post office box outside the building by the large west parking lot.
- Parking is FREE. Please park in the large west parking lot, behind 7700 France Avenue off of Minnesota Street.
- The east parking lot in front of the building is for visitors only and parking is limited. It is not a lot for student or faculty/staff parking.
- There is a cafeteria on the first floor of the building.
- The cafeteria will be re-opened at the end of February.
- There are vending machines located on the second floor near the north elevators, as well as an ice machine.
- Located in Suite D is a large refrigerator and microwaves for use by faculty, staff and students.
- Clearly identify your lunch or snack items that are stored in the refrigerator
- Out of date or moldy items will be disposed of.
- Courtesy and cleanliness is appreciated!
- In addition to computers in both MavPRINT areas, Edina has two computer labs. The computer labs are located in Suite A 302, and Suite D 346.
- Weekly schedules are posted outside the door with class information.
- Eating and drinking is not allowed in the computer labs. Please use the open lounge areas for this.
|Room #||Set Up|
|309||Classroom/Nursing Exam Tables|
|Room #||Set Up|
|321||Conference Room/Large Projection Screen|
|322||Office: Candace Raskin|
|323||Office: Melissa Krull|
|326||Office: Nana Boakye|
|327||Office: Robbie Burnett|
|328||Office: Jason Kaufman|
|330||Office: Andrew Smoley|
|Room #||Set Up|
|Room #||Set Up|
|344||Interactive Collaborative Classroom/ITV|
|349||Conference Room/Classroom/Individual TelePresence|
|350||Office: Sandra Eggenberger|
|351||Office: Kim Fortin|
|353||Office: Aaron Deris|
|MavPRINT Area||Thomas Pischke, IT Help Desk|
Welcome to the Minnesota State Mankato at Edina campus!
If you have questions, please stop by the reception desk in Suite D or call us at 952-818-8888.