Out of State Appeal and Complaints

Minnesota State Mankato is a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA), which regulates the manner in which participating institutions may offer distance learning education to students who reside in other states that are members of NC-SARA.

If a student has a complaint that involves distance learning education offered under the terms and conditions of SARA, the student must file a complaint with Minnesota State Mankato first to seek resolution. If the student bringing the complaint is not satisfied with the outcome of the University's internal process for resolving complaints, the student may contact the Minnesota Office of Higher Education (MDE) for further assistance. The direct link for instructions on how to file a complaint with MDE.

Out of state students may also file complaints with other states. Complaint resolution contacts by state.