Services for Middle School and Junior High Students
Educational Talent Search at Minnesota State University, Mankato has services geared especially toward 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students to develop the academic and social skills necessary to be successful in high school and enter a post-secondary education program.
Who will be able to participate in this program?
Students served by ETS must meet federally established guidelines. Participants must quality as low-income and/or first-generation based off federal definitions. Applications are reviewed on a case by case basis. Check here to verify what grade levels are served in each school.
What services are available to the students?
Services vary in content and intensity based on age-appropriate career and college readiness bench marks.
- Career and academic advising/planning
- Financial Aid Planning and Information Sessions
- 1:1 advising with students in developing future pathways
- Field trips to explore career industries and postsecondary institutions
- Consistant monitoring and support of academics to ensure student success
- Summer retreat at Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Study skills workshops
- Parent meetings
- Recreational and travel opportunities
- Cultural activities to broaden awareness