Learning Community Priority Move-In
Maximing Your Move-In
If you previously signed up for a check-in time slot on Thursday, August 17th, please go into your Housing Portal and cancel that reservation so another student can take that time slot. Residential Life will not be able to cancel that for you.
You can still participate in Drop & Go on either August 13 or August 14. If you wish to participate, please visit your housing portal and sign up for a time slot.
To make the most of Move-In, follow these tips:
- Do not arrive earlier than your selected timeslot.
- For additional Move In info, including things to bring and road construction information, visit the Residential Life website.
Travel and Parking
- For directions on driving to campus, please review the move in maps.
- After you have unloaded your car, it will need to be moved to another location to allow other students to park close for unloading. You will receive information on where you can park at check-in.
- Academic Year parking permits go into effect August 21st.
Arrival & Unloading
- Upon arrival, each student should bring a photo ID to the Lobby of their residence hall (near the Front Desk) to pick up their room key. A flat-bed cart may also be checked out at this time. Family should wait at the vehicle while the student checks-in.
- After you have unloaded your car, it will need to be moved to another location to allow other students to park close for unloading. Each student will receive information on where they can park at check-in.
- PLEASE NOTE: you may receive information from Residential Life in July discussing an August 17th move-in; rest assured, if you have signed up to be a Move Crew volunteer you will be approved to move in on August 16th. Your E-Services account will be updated in early August for this early move in.
Move Crew Role on August 17
- As a condition of moving in early, you have agreed to participate in Move Crew on August 17th. Plan to attend the 7 PM Learning Community Social on August 16 to receive Move Crew instructions and your assignment. Your learning community will either be assigned the 8 AM-11:45 AM or 11:30 AM – 3:30 PM shift. The location of the social will either be inside the University Dining Center or by the volleyball court in front of Crawford.
- Choosing to not participate in the LC social on the 16th or your Move Crew shift on the 17th may result in an early move-in ($25) and Move Crew t-shirt ($12) charge.
- Your meal plan begins with dinner on Thursday, August 17th in the University Dining Center. Retail dining locations on campus will also be open throughout Move-In.
LEARNING COMMUNITY Welcome
- At 7:00 PM on Wednesday the 16th, there will be a Learning Community desert reception and welcome in or near the University Dining Hall (weather dependent). This event is for students and staff only—families, please say your good-byes before then.
- This event is intended for you to have an opportunity to:
- Meet other students in your Learning Community
- Receive Move Crew instructions and training, and your “Move Crew 2023” t-shirt
- Get to know your Learning Community Coordinator better (you should have met them before this)
- Enjoy some fun together!