MNSU Student Resources
All departments, resources, and services offered at MNSU.
- Accommodations for students with disabilities/injuries/upcoming procedures.
- One-stop-shop for all MSU questions; specializing in financial aid and clerical support.
- Handshake, career-counseling, resume assistance, internship/job search aid, mock interviews, choosing a major, job fairs/events.
- Tutoring, writing aids, academic support, test taking strategies., etc.
- Resources for students looking to study abroad or domestically.
- Research assistance, location of the Anatomy lab and Educational Resource Center, check-out equipment, group study spaces, individual study spaces, etc.
- Tutoring for math and statistics.
- Upper-class, peer-led, tutoring sessions for various 100-200 level courses.
- Orientation services.
- First year transitional issues.
- Accuplacer testing/course placement.
- Academic procedures and policies, curriculum, degree conferment, student records, registration and transfer evaluations.
- Help with undecided advising, changing major, contact for students on Academic Warning/Probation.
- Military veteran education benefits assistance, post-deployment transition issues, or a place to connect with other veterans.
- Join an intramural sport, check out the indoor/outdoor equipment, go rock climbing, use rec facilities.
- Activity planning, community service, etc.
- MSU fraternities and sororities.
- Create a student organization or join one of our 200+ established groups.
- Roommate or adjustment issues.
- Questions about housing or food service.
- Attorney, grade appeals, help resolve a student concern.
- Ways to get involved on campus or learn what student organizations are available.
- Locating off campus housing.
- Finding a ride share.
- Nontraditional or parenting resources and connections.
Counseling and Wellness
- Someone to talk to confidentially regarding personal, social, and educational concerns.
- Alcohol screening assessment.
- Services include short term counseling, crisis intervention, consultation, and referral.
- Submit a Title IX complaint, which includes sexual assault, sexual harassment, stalking, and/or relationship violence.
- Submit a complaint of discrimination and/or harassment based upon a protected class.
- Discuss concerns regarding Title IX, discrimination, or harassment based upon a protected class.
- ResLife conduct appeals, silent witness reports, confidential sexual violence reports.
- Relaxation station, health PRO’s, nutrition tips, Condom Connection, resources for events, etc.
- Medical care, prescriptions, lab tests, etc.
- Opportunities to promote long-term healthy lifestyle behaviors through participation in group excercise classes, fitness assessments, personal training, excerise plans, special events, fitness certifications, and continuing education.
- Innovative challenges and the use of adventure-based activities for leaderhsip developemnt and team building skills promoting positive growth and learning.
- Map of popular hiking spots in Mankato.
- Confidential advocacy, programming and education for victims/survivors of relationship abuse and sexual violence.
Diversity and International Support
- Financial, academic, and social/environmental support to diverse students in all areas of MSU.
- Problems with immigration status or application process.
- Services specifically for international students.
- Study abroad opportunities
- LGBT resources, events, peer panels, activity planning, etc.
- Tutoring, mentoring, or counseling related to multicultural issues.
- Resources for diverse students: academic advising, financial aid advising, peer tutoring, events, activities, cross cultural programs.
- Referrals to advocacy for sexual assault and harassment.
- Information, referrals, and support on women’s issues.
- Free food pantry for students.
- Open Tuesdays from 11-3pm and Thursdays from 12-5:30pm.
- Provides perishable and non-perishable foods and toiletries to students in need.
- Open Mondays and Wednesdays 8am-5pm, Tuesdays 5-7pm, and Fridays 8am-2pm.