Grade Entry Instructions
The final deadline for all grades to be submitted is below:
- Fall 2022: Thursday, Dec. 15, 2022, by 11:59 p.m.
- Spring 2023: Thursday, May 11, 2023, by 11:59 p.m.
- Summer 2023: Thursday, July 27, 2023, by 11: 59 p.m.
Grade Entry Window
Grade entry opens 7 calendar days prior to the end date of a course. To find when a grading window opens, go to Faculty Application. Click on the Faculty drop down on the upper left side, scroll down to Grade & LDA Entry, click on Enter Grades and the grading window will show in the upper left-hand corner under “Posting Begin Date.”
Grades not entered and posted by the deadline will convert to F or NC, which will affect the student’s Academic Standing and Financial Aid.
Grade Entry Procedure
- Log in to the Faculty Application using the link below. Enter your StarId and password Faculty Application
- Click on the Faculty drop down on the upper left side.
- Select Grade & LDA Entry to see a list of the courses you taught during the term.
- Click Enter Grades to view the class roster of the course for which you wish to enter grades.
- Go to Select Student Participation to indicate the student’s attendance record.
- a. Completed Term
- b. Partially Attended
- Residential Course: Student stopped attending class for a seat-time course and did not withdraw.
- Online Course: Student stopped submitting work via the course management system and did not withdraw.
- c. Never Attended
- Residential Course: Student never attended class for a seat-time course.
- Online Course: Student never submitted work via the course management system.
- Enter Grade for each student.
- Enter Last Date of Attendance, if appropriate.
- Proofread the grades, then click on Post Final Grades.
- Enter your StarID password to verify you are the instructor of the course.
- Click Post Grades to submit grades.
Instructors, Deans, and Department Chairs can view Missing Grades, Incomplete Grades, In Progress grades, and grade changes for present and past semesters on the Registrar’s secure webpage.
Items to Note
- It is possible to import grades from D2L Brightspace. For more information, go to Import D2L Brightspace grades to eServices.
- Use the Save Draft feature to record some grades for a course and return later to record the rest.
- Saving a draft of grades does not post the final grades to E-services. You must enter your Star ID password and click Post Grades to complete the process.
- The drop-down list in the grade field will only display and allow appropriate grades for a student based upon their chosen grading method. Shaded grades (+ and -) are entered using the separate drop-down list.
- Students can view grades immediately via E-Services after being posted.
- A grade cannot be changed after being posted through the Faculty App via Grade and LDA Entry.
- To change a grade or resolve an Incomplete (I) or In Progress (IP) grade from a previous term, go to Faculty Application, click on the faculty drop down on the upper left side, scroll down to Grade Change. For more information on grade changes, go to Grade Changes.
Please contact Registration and Academic Records with any questions regarding “Grade/Grade Changes” via Maverick OneStop.