shortcut to content
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Minnesota State University, Mankato

Housing Accommodations

Page address:

Requesting Accommodations in the Residence Halls


In compliance with Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Minnesota State University, Mankato students with documented disabilities may request special housing accommodations. These requests will be evaluated within the context of current housing policies, students' needs, and available facilities.
In addition to submitting an on campus Housing Application and $250 prepayment to the Department of Residential Life, students desiring housing accommodations for disability related needs should have their health care provider or another appropriate evaluating professional complete the [DOC] Health Care Form for Students Requesting Housing Accommodations. (303 KiB)The completed form should be returned via fax (507.389.1199) or mail to Accessibility Resources (Memorial Library 132). 
The Accessibility Resources Director works closely with The Department of Residential Life to accommodate students with housing needs as they relate to their disability. For full consideration, requests for special accommodations based on medical need must be received by:
·         May 15th for housing beginning Fall Semester
·         December 1 for housing beginning Spring Semester
·         April 1 for Summer Session housing
For questions related to food allergies, please refer to this Residential Life/Dining webpage: