Apply NowPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/activities/jumpstart/apply.html
To become a Mavricks READ volunteer, you must:
- Be a current college student
- Be a US Citizen or Legal Resident
- Be a currently enrolled student at Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Pass a criminal background check
- Experience with community service projects
- Ability to work with people from diverse ethnic, racial, & class backgrounds
- Ability to commit to volunteer service
- Enthusiastic & positive attitude towards helping others.
Dedication to early childhood education
- Experience working with young children and/or desire to learn more young children
- Strong language & communication skills
- Willingness to learn about curriculum implementation & planning.
- Ability to work well on a team
- Availability, dependability, & willingness to be flexible
- Maturity & good judgment in relating to peers & program partners, as well as Jumpstart families.
As a Mavericks READ volunteer, you would receive
- Work-Study stipend during the term of service if eligible
- Opportunity for extensive training in the field of education
- The invaluable opportunity to make a difference in the life of a young child
Expected time commitment during the School Year
2-6 hours per week
For more information contact Program Coordinator Mymique Baxter at 507-389-6076 or firstname.lastname@example.org