How To SupportPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/activities/kitchen/support.html
The Campus Kitchen at MSU, Mankato hosts several food drives during the year. We distribute items to many community partners: ECHO Food Shelf, Teresa House, Welcome Inn, Salvation Army, Open Door Clinic, Maple River Loaves and Fishes, and Campus Cupboard. When we hold food drives, we often partner with the BackPack Food Program, especially when we recieve items they can use. Here are some general things you might consider donating:
- Canned fruits, veggies, or protein
- Soups, dried pasta, dried beans,
- Jars of peanut butter, cheese or pasta sauces
- Toilet paper, tissues, soap, and other hygiene products
- Plastic wrap, ziploc bags, or ways to store leftovers (SNAP doesn't cover this, but important to have!)
- Sugar, spices, salt, pepper, ketchup... think of what you would use at a meal.
- All items should be unopened.
If you want an item to go to a specific agency, you can tag it before you bring it to the movie:
- Want to bring items for the BackPack Food Program? Here's your shopping list.
- Is ECHO Food Shelf your partner of choice? Check out this list
- Learn more about resources provided by Campus Cupboard to college students facing food insecurity.
- Rural food insecurity is often more difficult to address than urban food deserts, so we support Maple River Loaves and Fishes.
- Soft place in your heart for Teresa House/Welcome Inn? Look here for a list.
- Learn more about how to support our Salvation Army.
- Yes, even Open Door Clinic could use donations. Learn more here.
Your contributions are well utilized and most apprecitated!
Campus Kitchen at MSU, Mankato Donation List:
- Biodegradable clamshells ("to go" containers)
- Commerical size aluminum foil
- Non-latex food handler gloves
- Stainless steel pans
Food items (commercials sizes):
- Instant potatoes
- Cooked chicken /cooked ground beef
- Cream soups
- Fresh or canned fruits and vegetables
- Tuna and other canned protein sources
Financial contributions can be sent to:Campus Kitchen at MSU, Mankato
Minnesota State University, Mankato
CSU 173, Mankato, MN 56001 Please make checks out to "Campus Kitchen at MSU, Mankato"
Thank you for you time, attention, and generosity!