Register or Update your OrganizationPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/activities/rso/registering_an_rso.html
Annual Recognition Process:
Student Organizations go through a recognition process at the begining of each academic year if they wish to be a 'Recognized Student Organization' (RSO) at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
*Executive Members for any organization should join the 'RSO- Executive Members Club' portal in OrgSync, so they receive all important notifications throughout the year.
Another way to stay up-to-date on opportunities, deadlines, etc. is to 'Like' us on Facebook.
Fall 2017 Recognition Period
Fall recognition of organizations will begin Monday, August 14 and close at midnight on Friday, September 22.
Monday, September 18
We will begin in CSU Ballroom and move to various rooms in the CSU thereafter.
Spring 2018 Recognition Period
Spring recognition of organizations will begin Monday, January 8 and close at midnight Wednesday, January 31. During this window of time organizations that wish to become recognized must do two things:
1) Submit changes and updates to your profile in OrgSync
*For directions on how to do that watch the video on this page of the website- www.mnsu.edu/activities/rso/how_to_register.html
2) Have a representative at one of the two mandatory meetings
We are offering 2 meeting times on Thursday, January 11. Both meetings will be in the Centennial Student Union (CSU) in room 255.
Option #1:12:00 - 1:00 p.m. - RSVP
Option #2: 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. - RSVP
To be eligible you must have:
- An organization name
- A roster of at least 5 members
- An Advisor- must be faculty or staff member
- A constitution for your organization
Once you meet all 4 eligibilities, please click here to familiarize yourself with the 2 simple steps to become recognized.
Benefits of Recognition:
- Eligible for FREE use of meeting space on campus
- Eligible for FREE use of tabling space across campus for recruitment and event promotional efforts
- Eligible to apply for funding from Student Government
- Eligible for a storage locker within the RSO Clubhouse (CSU 170-located within Student Activities space)
- Access to FREE sandwich boards for advertising events
- Access to popcorn and icy machines for events or promotion of events
- FREE use of 'Creation Station' space in Student Activities (CSU 173)- markers, paper, scissors, glue, and more
- On-Campus Mailbox within Student Activities
- FREE .mnsu email address
Ready to Submit on OrgSync:
Long-standing organization- click here.
Newly created organization- click here.