shortcut to content
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Minnesota State University, Mankato

Non-U.S. Colleges and Universities

Page address:

Credit Potential from Non-U.S. (Overseas) College/Universities

In terms of any coursework from a non-U.S. college or university, we require all students who are hoping to transfer courses from a university outside of the U.S. to have their coursework evaluated by a professional credit evaluation agency. There are several agencies in the U.S., but we use ECE. The rates for all of the agencies are about the same. For more information go to the Educational Credential Evaluators website.

They also provide an online application for credit evaluation.

Which ECE evaluation you provide to us depends on what major you will be studying here. Computer science, other sciences, engineering and math majors should request the "subject analysis". All other majors should request the "course-by-course" evaluation. Since the purpose of the ECE evaluation is potential transfer of credit, it does not need to be submitted as part of the application review process. It can be submitted later. However, any post-secondary work you successfully completed at a non-U.S. college or university will be considered by MSU only upon receipt of the official ECE evaluation.