ScholarshipsPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/admissions/scholarships/
New first year and transfer students may be eligible for scholarships from Minnesota State University, Mankato! To be considered for any scholarship at Minnesota State Mankato, all students must submit a General Application through Minnesota State Mankato's Scholarship Finder tool.
Questions? Contact Admissions by email or by calling 800-722-0544800-722-0544 FREE.
Academic scholarships for first year students
Minnesota State University, Mankato is proud to offer merit- and need-based scholarships to new first-year students. Criteria for these competitive Maverick Scholarships varies based on high school GPA, ACT scores, high school class rank and other factors. High school seniors need to complete a General Application (mnsu.academicworks.com) to be considered for all first-year student scholarships at Minnesota State Mankato. All scholarship applications must be submitted by March 1 for consideration.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities:
- Presidential Scholar Awards. Awarded to selected new students based on class rank, ACT scores, recommendations, leadership, personal essays and interviews. Students must rank in the top 10 percent of their high school class (or hold a 3.8 GPA at a non-ranking school) and have an ACT composite score of 26 or greater (or rank highest in their high school class) to be considered. These scholarships are renewable for four years. On-campus interviews for finalists will be held in February.
Apply for Presidential Scholarship
- Meredith Scholar Award. Awarded to one selected undergraduate student pursuing a career in mathematics or natural sciences. This includes majors in mathematics, mathematics education, biological sciences, life science, physics, chemistry, astronomy or physical science. Students must rank in the top 10 percent of their high school class and have an ACT composite score of 27 or greater to be considered.
- Graham Chemistry Scholarship. This one-year $2,500 scholarship is awarded to a student who expresses an interest in majoring in chemistry. Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 to be considered.
To be considered for the Maverick Scholarships, Presidential Scholar Awards, the Graham Chemistry Scholarships, the Meredith Scholar Awards, or Honors Program, please visit mnsu.academicworks.com . The Presidential, Graham Chemistry and Meredith Scholarships will be awarded in addition to any Maverick Scholarship a student qualifies for.
Academic scholarships for transfer students awarded in fall term
To be considered you must be attending a two-year community college, have a minimum cumulative transfer GPA of 3.5, complete an associate's degree or the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum prior to fall semester and be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Transfer Student Maverick Scholarship Awards. Given to selected transfer students for their first year on campus, this scholarship is based on academic achievement and is non-renewable. Apply for Transfer Student Maverick Scholarship
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship. Two scholarships of $500 each will be awarded for one year. Students must be a member of the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society at a two-year college. Apply for Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship.
Submitting Your Applications
To be considered for any new student scholarship or the Honors Program, visit mnsu.academicworks.com .
For questions regarding scholarship opportunities, please contact the Office of Admissions via email or call 800-722-0544800-722-0544 FREE.
Departments and Colleges
At Minnesota State Mankato, many scholarships are available through individual departments, colleges, and programs.
Open to incoming and current students, the United States Army Reserve Officers' Training Corps scholarships offer 100 percent college tuition and educational fees as well as a designated book allowance.
High school seniors are eligible to apply for talent grants in any of the following areas: creative writing, diversity awareness, music, speech and theater. The grants are non-renewable and apply toward a student's first-year tuition.
- Creative Writing Talent Grant Application
- Communication Studies Talent Grant Application
- Music Talent Grant
- Theatre Talent Grant
Minnesota State Mankato participates in all funding opportunities available to NCAA Division II institutions (Division I for Men's and Women's Hockey). Prospective student athletes should contact the head coach of their individual sport for more information. Start here.
You may be eligible for in-state tuition if you meet certain requirements. (This does not include students in reciprocity states of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin.)
In-state Tuition Requirements for First Year Students
High school 2016 graduates who meet any of the following requirements will automatically receive an in-state tuition scholarship: rank in the top 15 percent of their high school class, have an ACT composite score of 25, have an SAT Critical Reading and Math total of 1100 (old SAT) or have a PSAT Selection index of 150.
High school 2017 or later graduates who meet any of the following requirements will automatically receive an in-state tuition scholarship: rank in the top 15 percent of their high school class, have a GPA of 3.8, have an ACT composite score of 25, OR have an SAT Total of 1200 (March 2016 test or later).
In-state Tuition Requirements for Transfer Students
Students transferring to Minnesota State Mankato with 24 or more college-level, transferrable credits and a cumulative gpa of 3.5 or higher qualify automatically to receive the in-state tuition scholarship.
Legacy In-state Tuition
If one or both parents graduated from Minnesota State Mankato, a student may qualify for in-state tuition. The application is available here.
For any questions on scholarship opportunities, contact Admissions at 800-722-0544800-722-0544 FREE or email email@example.com.