Submitting a ComplaintPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/affact/complaint.html
Investigating complaints of discrimination, harassment, stalking, dating/relationship violence or sexual assault
The Office of Affirmative Action is responsible for assisting faculty, staff, and students who believe they have been harassed or discriminated against because they are a member of a protected class. The Office is charged with investigating complaints under MnSCU’s 1B.1 Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination Policy and 1B.1.1 Procedure; 1B.3 Sexual Violence Policy and 1B.3.1 Procedure as well as all Title IX sex discrimination complaints. The Office also provides assistance to Minnesota State Mankato administrators in their role as decisionmakers and communicators of the results of internal investigations.
- MnSCU Policy: 1B.1 Equal Oppurtunity and Nondiscrimination in Employment and Education
- MnSCU Procedure: 1B.1.1 Report/Complaint of Discrimination/Harassment Investigation and Resolution
- MSU Form: Complaint Form
- MnSCU Policy: 1B.3 Sexual Violence Policy
- MnSCU Procedure: 1B.3.1 Sexual Violence Procedure
- MnSCU Policy: 1B.2 Affirmative Action in Employment
- Federal Law: Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- 1B.1 Flowchart
- 1B.3 Flowchart
Workplace Environment *** This policy is separate from the 1B.1 Nondiscrimination Policy. Human Resources is the designated unit to investigate workplace environment complaints.