Program Review & AccreditationPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/assessment/program_review/
All academic degree-granting programs, academic support units, and student affairs units participate in regularly scheduled program reviews or external accreditation reviews. Program reviews are scheduled every five years and require a comprehensive review of all program activities.
Board Policy and Accreditation Criteria Expectations for Program Review
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Board Policy, Chapter 3 - Educational Policies, 3.36 Academic Programs, Part 7. Academic Review
"Each system college and university shall regularly review its academic programs for the purpose of academic planning and improvement."
The Higher Learning Commission Criteria for Accreditation and Core Components
Criterion Four. Teaching and Learning: Evaluation and Improvement
"The institution demonstrates responsibility for the quality of its educational programs, learning environments, and support services, and it evaluates their effectiveness for student learning through processes designed to promote continuous improvement."
Program Review and External Accreditation Calendar
- Program and External Accreditation/Certification/Recognition Review Calendar - Academic Affairs and Student Affairs Units
Program Review Procedures and Guidelines
- Program Review Procedures
- Program Review Checklist
- Self-Study Guidelines for Academic Programs
- Self-Study Guidelines for Academic Support Units
- Self-Study Guidelines for Student Affairs and Institutional Diversity Units
- Role of External Consultant/Reviewer
- Contracts, Costs and Reimbursements
All externally accredited programs are engaged in regularly scheduled accreditation visits. These accreditations are governed by the specific accrediting body. For externally accredited programs, the accreditation self-study and the external reviewers' report satisfy the self-study and external review components of program review.