Filling out the FAFSAPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/campushub/fafsant/fillingout/
The FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, is the first step to receiving funding from the various Federal (and State) Student Financial Aid Programs including grants, work-study money and educational loans.
Applying for Financial Aid (FAFSA)
- Read all directions carefully.
- Students are prompted to answer specific questions.
- FAFSA questions should be answered with information that is correct at the time of the application (e.g. if, when filling out the application, the student is single, then you must enter single, regardless of whether the student plans to marry during the year).
- Make sure the Social Security Number is correct. Double-check the student’s Social Security Number with their SS Card. An incorrect Social Security Number will delay the process and require a new application.
- FAFSA Tips and Common Mistakes to Avoid When Applying for Student Aid
Fall 2015 - Summer 2016
- Submit starting January 1, 2015
- Priority application date for consideration of funds with limited availability is March 15, 2015.
- The 2015-2016 FAFSA form is available throughout the school year, however students are encouraged to submit a FAFSA by June 30, 2015 to better ensure availability of financial aid funds needed to meet fall semester obligations.
- Use 2014 Federal Income Tax Returns for the 2015 - 2016 school year.
- Students are required to provide the same income information from their 2014 Federal Tax Returns.
- Students who fit the criteria for Dependent status are also required to provide their parent’s 2014 Federal Tax Return Information.