Drop Payments - ArchivePage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/campushub/payments/droppayment/archive/
Registration Cancellation for Non Payment Policy
In effect beginning Fall Semester 2006.
Students enrolled in courses must meet tuition & fee payment criteria by the published due dates, or they will be dropped from all registered courses.
- Fall Semester 2006
- Payment due date is August 11, 2006, for students registering through August 7, 2006
- Payment due date is September 1, 2006, for students registering from August 8, 2006, through September 1, 2006
- Payment is due immediately for registrations after September 1, 2006*
- Spring Semester 2007
- Payment due date is January 2, 2007, for students registering through December 22, 2006
- Payment due date is January 22, 2007, for students registering from December 23, 2006, through January 22, 2007
- Payment is due immediately for registrations after January 22, 2007*
* After the 5th instructional day of the term, financial approval is required prior to registration processing by the Registration Help Center staff.
Minimum payment criteria that must be met by the due dates to avoid an administrative drop of all courses includes one or more of the following:
- Full payment by cash, check or credit card
- Down payment of 15% of tuition and fees charges, or $300, whichever is less, to indicate the student’s enrollment in the University’s installment payment plan
- Financial aid application in process with the University
- Payment in the form of scholarships, third party payments, or tuition waivers reflected on the student’s account that meets the 15% or $300 minimum down payment amount
To assist with the policy for Spring Semester 2007, it is recommended that students exercise the following options:
- File a 2006-2007 FAFSA online on or before December 1, 2006; or
- Submit a $300 online pre-payment at the time of registration; or
- Submit a down payment of 15% or $300 before the published due date;
- Monitor online student account/financial aid information by logging in with Student Tech ID and PIN to E-services at: www.mnsu.edu/msureg. Once student tuition and fee bills are posted, students can confirm whether the payment criteria to avoid an administrative drop has been met or not. On the My Account page a green "GO" symbol means requirements have been met, a red "STOP" symbol means the student's registration is still at risk of cancellation for non-payment. If any known payment or financial aid information is not appearing on the online screens, this should be reported for resolution as early as possible to the Campus Hub.
Students who register and later change their plans for attendance should not rely on the Registration Cancellation For Nonpayment process to complete administrative drops for them. Those who no longer wish to be enrolled must drop their courses via the online registration process and officially withdraw from Minnesota State Mankato for accurate determination of their financial obligation to the university, if any.