Tuition Refund AppealPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/campushub/payments/tuitionrefundappeal/
Appeals are granted only in cases of rare and extreme circumstances and are not granted for failure to cancel or non-attendance.
Tuition Refund Appeal forms must be received no later than one year from the last day of the semester on the appeal.
Before filing a Tuition Refund Appeal, you should meet with an advisor to discuss options, including but not limited to receiving an incomplete instead of withdrawing from the course(s). If you decide to proceed with the Tuition Refund Appeal process, then see next section.
- Pickup form from the Campus Hub, 117 Centennial Student Union
- Drop/withdraw from the courses listed on Tuition Refund Appeal form
- Complete the form and attach a personal statement, if needed, to fully describe the circumstances that led you to withdraw from the course(s)
- Attach any required documentation
- Submit documentation
- Decision of your appeal
- Refund, if approved
- Death - A death certificate would be required for death of immediate family member such as parents, children or spouse.
- Military - Active military orders would be required in the case of military appeals
- Instructors non-attendance confirmation, when relevant to the appeal request (non-attendance does not typically relinquish financial liability, but in some circumstances this information may be required to complete the appeal review)
- Medical - a current letter from your doctor on his or her letterhead explaining in detail what happened and when extreme medical circumstances occurred when applicable to the appeal. Pre-existing condition do not qualify for approval and we only allow one semester for the same illness to be approved for refund.
Provide a self-addressed stamped envelope and submit all required documentation to the Campus Hub in person located at 117 Centennial Student Union or mail to: Campus Hub, 117 Centennial Student Union, Mankato, MN 56001.
Decision of Your Appeal
The decision of your appeal will be mailed to you within 3 to 4 weeks.
If your appeal is approved, a 'W' (for withdrawal) will remain on your academic record for each course(s).
Refunds will take an additional 2 weeks to process.