Find Your AdvisorPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/carts/advising/findadvisor.html
Every student with a major in the College of Arts & Humanities has two academic advising resources. Below we describe the roles of each:
College Advising Office:
The Arts and Humanities College Advising Office advises students on the following:
- General Education Coursework (Goals 1-11) and major pre-requisite requirements
- Broad Degree Requirements (total credits, upper-division, GPA, writing intensive, diverse cultures, language requirements)
- Academic Difficulties (Academic Warning, Probation or Suspension, or not meeting your own academic goals)
- Applying for Graduation
Upon reaching 30 semester credits and/or being admitted to their major, a student is assigned a specific faculty advisor who teaches within their major. Faculty advisors can help students with the following:
- Required Major Coursework
- Determining Minors or Specializations
- Independent Study, Internship and Volunteer Opportunities
- Transitioning into Related Professions
To determine your advisor, log into e-Services, click on “Courses and Registration” and then “View/Modify Schedule”. Your advisor will be listed at the very top of this page. If you have any difficulty determining your advisor, please contact our office.
If you have not yet declared your major, you will not have an advisor assigned to you. To declare your major, contact the department office directly. They will declare your major and assign you an advisor. Click here for Department Contact Information.
How to Prepare for a Meeting with Your Advisor:
- Schedule a meeting ahead of time and arrive to that appointment on time.
- Review your Interactive Degree Audit (DARS) in e-Services (under “Grades and Transcripts”). There you will see which requirements you have fulfilled and which requirements you have remaining.
- Review you Major and Minor requirements in the Undergraduate Catalog.
- Make a list of possible classes you may want to take next semester.
- Make a list of questions you have for your advisor; bring this list and the materials above to your appointment.