Tips and Troubleshooting for EmployersPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/cdc/employers/tipsandtroubleshooting.html
Handshake is the service the Career Development Center uses to connect students and employers. Students can use it to search for job and internship opportunities, learn about and register for upcoming events and workshops, and schedule appointments with a career counselor. Students can also make their profile public to the employers in the Handshake system, so that you can identify potential candidates and contact them directly to invite them to interview for your open positions. Get started by logging in!
For more information about the Handshake platform or to contact Handshake support click here
- How do I create a user account? https://joinhandshake.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/219133047-How-do-I-create-a-user-account-
- How do I create a company profile? https://joinhandshake.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/219133057-How-do-I-create-a-company-profile-
- How do I request access at a school? https://joinhandshake.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/221599447-how-do-I-request-access-to-a-school-
- How do I post a job? - https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/221565247-Video-How-to-Post-a-New-Job
- How do I search for students? - https://joinhandshake.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/219133157-How-do-I-search-for-students-
The following are some tips and suggestions for effective job posting.
- If selecting screening criteria for an opening, be careful when selecting those criteria. An example of a common mistake we see is selecting "graduate student" instead of "alumni" - "graduate student" does NOT equal "graduated student". Another is not selecting all of the applicable majors - for instance, Minnesota State University, Mankato has several IT-related majors, but these are not necessarily named similarly or grouped altogether in the list of available majors - be sure to select carefully!
- Be descriptive! Provide as complete a description of the opening's duties and responsibilities as possible, so that students/alumni are aware up front of everything the job entails. Some students/alumni may apply for a job that is short on details, but others may choose to pass it up and instead spend their time investigating and applying to other jobs with more details.
- Make sure you have listed the correct instructions/contact information for students/alumni to apply for the position.
- Spelling counts! Misspellings may cause a student/alumni to wonder if this is a legitimate job opportunity or a potential scam.
1. When creating your job posting, add the following instructions to the *Description field in the Description section:
IMPORTANT: Before applying to this position, download the applicaton form from the Attachments section below and save it to your computer. Complete the editable fields, save your changes, and upload the application to your Handhshake account as an "Other Document". Instructions on how to upload a document can be found here: https://joinhandshake.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/219426647-How-to-Upload-a-Document
After you have uploaded the application, return to this job posting and click on the "Apply Now" button on the right. Select your saved application from the Document drop-down list, then click Apply.
2. In the Requirements section, make sure to select "Other Document" for the Required Documents selection.
3. When you are ready to submit your job posting, click the "Create" button. Next, scroll down to the bottom of the Job Details tab and click on the "Attachments" link under the Location Map. Select the "New Attachment" tab, provide a Name for the document and click "Choose File" to select and Open the document. Click "Create Attachment".
Note: If you are using the Minnesota State University, Mankato "General Application for Part-time Jobs" form, a copy of that can be downloaded here: https://www.mnsu.edu/cdc/documents/generalapplicationforptjobs.docx
4. Job postings are reviewed by the Career Development Center's staff within 3 business days.