Interviewing and Negotiating SalaryPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/cdc/students/jobs_and_internships/interviewing.html
“One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.” ~Arthur Ashe
Before the interview
- Research the company
- Evaluate your qualifications
- Practice answering interview questions to help cope with anxiety
- Schedule a practice interview
- Prepare your STARR exercises
- Locate Driving Directions
- Dress for success
- Remember good health tips:
- Make sure you get enough sleep the night before
- Eat breakfast!
- Eat food that is light and not too filling.
- Avoid trying anything new to eat - just in case.
- Allow yourself enough time to eat at a relaxed pace.
- Avoid drinking caffeinated beverages
- If stressed or anxious, try these preparation and relaxation techniques
During the interview
After the interview
- Sample interview questions
- Example Interview by Organization
- Types of interviews
- Ethics and employers
- Employers Interviewing on Campus
- Phone Interview Tips