MAVMajors INFO - Athletic TrainingPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/cdc/students/majors/mavmajors/athletictraining.html
Bachelor of Athletic Training (BATR)
- This major is in the College of Allied Health & Nursing
Office location - 1400 Highland Center
Email: Contact Us
On This Page
- The Department and Advising
- What do the experts say about a major in Athletic Training
- Take action and network with people in the field of Athletic Training
- We want to hear from you!
Admission requirements –
1. A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75, on a 4.00 scale, is required as an application standard. An application packet may be obtained from the program director during spring semester and must be completed and returned by May 1st.
- Degree Requirements & Policies
The selection process is competitive and is based on the student's:
1.cumulative GPA and prerequisite GPA,
2. completion of the general education prerequisites,
3. completion of the required major courses,
4. accumulation of up to 100 hours of pre-athletic training level observations in the Minnesota State Mankato athletic training room, and observation and evaluation of performance during those observation hours,
5. letters of recommendation and a formal interview, and
6. compliance with established technical standards for physical, cognitive, and attitudinal abilities that an entry-level athletic trainer must possess. See athletic training program director for specific details.
How to declare this major
- In the College of Allied Health and Nursing, majors are declared within each department's main office.
- Contact the Advising Center.
Academic Advisor for the College
124 Myers Fieldhouse
The current undergraduate bulletin for this major –
Search for related books available in the Career Resource Library in the CDC
Read more about Athletic Training
Additional resources –
FEEDBACK – Ask a question
SUGGESTION BOX - Submit your comment or suggestion or report a problem with this website
ALUMNI – Send us a picture or an update!