Undergraduate PoliciesPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/cmst/undergradpolicies.html
- GPA Policy. Students must maintain a minimum of 2.2 GPA
- P/N Grading Policy: Total credits in the department must not exceed 25 percent P/N for a major or a minor
- CMST 100 does not count toward major or minor
- Internships are P/N option only
- CMST minors may apply no more than 4 credits of CMST 498 and 4 credits of CMST 499 toward fulfillment of minor
- CMST majors may apply no more than 8 credits of CMST 498 and 4 credits of CMST 499 toward fulfillment of major
- Additional credits of CMST 498 and 499 may be applied toward total credits needed for graduation
Academic Probation Advising: Refer to the information listed in the College of Arts and Humanities section of the bulletin.
Course Repeat Policy: Students with a major/minor in Communication Studies may repeat any course in the department in an effort to improve grades. A student may repeat a specific course only once. In exceptional circumstances, a student may appeal to the department chair for a second repeat of a course. The official grade for the course, listings on a student's transcript, and other matters related to course repeats will adhere to appropriate university policies.