Stuttering and Down Syndrome

[ Contents | Search | Post | Reply | Next | Previous | Up ]

Re: Stuttering and Down Syndrome

From: Judith Eckardt
Date: 17 Oct 2008
Time: 22:09:07 -0500
Remote Name:


Hello, You need to look for a job where an OT is part of your treatment team. Having an OT is just very job dependent. They are very helpful in working with Downs children. Parents are treated in the same way as parents of normally developing children who stutter. Do a lot of education about stuttering, give them fluency enhancement suggestions such as slowing their rate of speech, and stress that "It's nobody's fault that your child stutters. It just happens." Thank you. Judith

Last changed: 10/17/08