by Shirley Smith, M.S., CCC/SP
Goal: Celebrate making new friends and learning new things
Slogan: All the slogans learned during the day
- Students, leaders, and helpers form a large circle.
- Leader says, "You will have a minute to think of some things you learned
today. We will go around the circle and let each of you tell us something that
you think you will tell your parents that you learned today. or, you may tell
about your favorite activity or thing that you made.
- Give a minute for the students to think.
- The leader tells about his/her favorite thing.
- Go round-robin around the circle allowing each student to share his/her
- If time permits, go around the circle in the opposite direction, telling
the students, "now we are going to turn to our neighbor on the (right/left) and
tell them something we like about them. For example, maybe you liked the way
they shared materials, or smiled at you or made you laugh." The leader begins
and the students take their turns.