I'm afraid I'm at the stage of life where I'm starting to look "back" nearly as much as I look "forward." I guess I'm not the only one;-) A friend of mine sent the following which I thought I'd share in our scrapbook. (Judy)
Trip Down Memory Lane
I want to go back to the time when.....................
If you can remember most or all of these, then you have LIVED.
- Decisions were made by going "eeny-meeny-miney-mo."
- Mistakes were corrected by simply exclaiming, "do over!"
- "Race issue" meant arguing about who ran the fastest.
- Money issues were handled by whoever was the banker in "Monopoly."
- Catching the fireflies could happily occupy an entire evening.
- It wasn't odd to have two or three "best" friends.
- Being old, referred to anyone over 20.
- The net on a tennis court was the perfect height to play volleyball
and rules didn't matter.
- The worst thing you could catch from the opposite sex was cooties.
- It was magic when dad would "remove" his thumb.
- It was unbelievable that dodgeball wasn't an Olympic event.
- Having a weapon in school, meant being caught with a sling shot.
- Nobody was prettier than Mom.
- Scrapes and bruises were kissed and made better.
- It was a big deal to finally be tall enough to ride the "big people"
rides at the amusement park.
- Getting a foot of snow was a dream come true.
- Abilities were discovered because of a "double-dog-dare."
- Saturday morning cartoons weren't 30-minute ads for action figures.
- No shopping trip was complete, unless a new toy was brought home.
- "Oly-oly-oxen-free" made perfect sense.
- Spinning around, getting dizzy and falling down was cause for
- The worst embarrassment was being picked last for a team.
- War was a card game.
- Water balloons were the ultimate weapon.
- Baseball cards in the spokes transformed any bike into a motorcycle.
- Taking drugs meant orange-flavored chewable aspirin.
- Ice cream was considered a basic food group.
- Older siblings were the worst tormentors, but also the fiercest
added April 4, 2001