AccreditationPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/concurrent/accreditation.html
Minnesota State University, Mankato is accreditated by the National Alliance for Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships (NACEP).
As a NACEP accredited program high schools are provided more ease in receiving reimbursement from the state.
Parents and students can assure that the curriculum is as rigorous as university courses and will prepare students for success in higher education.
High school partners should expect Minnesota State University, Mankato to provide continued support to students, instructors, and administration.
Minnesota State University, Mankato works to ensure a high standard of quality in all courses by requiring faculty partners to visit classes.
We require our faculty partners to visit new instructors, teaching a course for the first time, three times during the length of the course. For returning teachers we require one visit to the classroom.
These classroom visits provide the faculty partner an opportunity to work closely with the instructor, provide feedback assessments and provide guidance on any issues the instructor may be encountering. Many of our faculty partners also take this opportunity to lecture to the students in the class. Students have shared that they enjoy the opportunity to hear from a university faculty member.
High School Expectations
Participating schools are expected to support the concurrent enrollment program by:
- Allowing students to attend an on-campus concurrent enrollment orientation. These orientations are completely funded by the university. We will reimburse districts for transportation and subsititute teachers. We will also provide students and instructors with lunch.
- Keep the lines of communication between the instructors, Counselors, and high school administration open
- Ensure that all deadlines are met, including student applications and student registrations for concurrent enrollment courses
- Allow instructors to attend a mandatory professional development day in August
- Allow instructors the opportunity to participate in discipline specific professional development opportunities throughout the year
- Ensure that each instructor administers a course evaluation at the end of the course
- Ensure that instructors implement university course curriculum, including approved syllabi, textbooks, and assessments