Student Resources & HelpPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/continuinged/cfp/certification/
- Have a bachelor's degree.
- Fulfill the education requirement.
- Pass CFP Board's CFP® Certification Examination.
- Satisfy a work experience requirement.
- Agree to abide with CFP Board's Code of Ethics & Professional Responsibilities.
- Students who earned a cumulative "B" average.
- Receive a Minnesota State University, Mankato Certificate in Financial Planning
- Register themselves for the CFP® Certification Examination. Application deadline is approximately six weeks before the exam.
- A student ID number is NOT required for registration for the Exam
- Minnesota State University, Mankato will notify CFP Board of your completion of the program (meeting the education requirement by the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number)
- Take a recommended review course - they are desigend to teach you how to prepare for the CFP® Certification Examination.
- Pass the exam - Students completing the Financial Planning Certificate Program at Minnesota State Mankato have had a pass rate significantly higher than the national average for 5 consecutive years!
The 10-hour exam is divided into two 2-hour sessions (Friday afternoon) and two 3-hour sessions (Saturday). The Exam is administered three times a year on the third Friday and Saturday in March, July and November. For an exact date and location, please call CFP Board at 800-487-1497 visit the official CFP Board website.
You can apply for the CFP® Certification Examination after you have successfully completed Minnesota State University, Mankato's Financial Planning Certificate Program. Minnesota State University, Mankato will submit your completion status to the CFP Board.
- Review the upcoming CFP® Certification Examination dates.
Released CFP® Certification Examination Questions
- To familiarize testers with the format and cognitive level of questions on the exam, CFP Board releases case scenarios and multiple-choice questions from previous CFP® Certification Examinations. View Released CFP® Certification Examination Questions.
Keir Educational Resources
- Keir Educational Resources is so confident in the quality of their comprehensive review materials that they guarantee you will pass the national examination or your materials for the next exam are free. The national pass rate for this grueling examination averages 55%. Historically, Keir's pass ratio is most often 20% points higher than the national pass average.
For information on the Twin Cities Metro area review course offered by Keir Educational Resources, visit Keir Education Resources.
- We recommend a comprehensive review session prior to taking the CFP® Certification Examination. A list of review courses can be found at the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards website